Our team deals with all forms of disputes relating to Wills, Estates, Trusts and also Court of Protection issues. In doing so, we act for a wide variety of people including private individuals, executors, administrators and trustees. We are also assisted by a highly experienced and knowledgeable Wills & Probate team whose expertise ensures that problems are identified early and can be dealt with swiftly by the Contentious Trust and Probate team.
We have substantial experience in handling Contentious Probate matters including:
- Bringing and defending proceedings where inadequate provision has been made in a Will, or where the Intestacy Rules do not sufficiently provide for a party, under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Claims regarding the validity of a Will, whether due to a lack of testamentary capacity, undue influence or improper execution of Wills.
- Disputes relating to the interpretation of the terms of a Will.
- Claims regarding agreements made with the deceased before death, particularly with regards to the disposal of the Estate.
- Disputes over the identification of beneficiaries.
- Claims for and against Executors, Personal Representatives and Trustees, particularly where there is alleged breach of Trust or in order to remove or substitute parties.
- Disputes relating to Trusts and Charity.
- Professional Negligence Claims relating to the negligent drafting of Wills and Trusts.
- Claims for the rectification of Wills and Trusts.